Frequently Asked Questions
- WHY SHOULD I USE TRIONICS ENZYME-BASED DEVELOPERS INSTEAD OF REGULAR HYDROGEN PEROXIDE?
Trionics developers are faster, safer and gentler than ordinary peroxide products. These enzymes naturally accelerate chemical reactions allowing salons to do color treatments in half the time without the usual damage to the hair. Hair color is truer to the color chart, more vibrant and lasts longer. Once you use Trionics, you’ll never go back.
- WHY ARE TRIONICS DEVELOPERS SAFER THAN REGULAR PEROXIDE?
The enzymes are more efficient molecules that apply far less pressure when under the cuticle layer (no explosion), therefore they're far safer, more gentle, and less damaging than regular peroxide developers. Trionics developers prep, protect and preserve color to maintain that salon-gorgeous look and shine long after treatments. In addition, you can feel confident Trionics developers are free of ammonia, dyes, sulfates, parabens, 1,4-dioxane, phthalates, glutens, neurotoxins, aluminum compounds, formaldehyde donors, propylene glycol, DEA and carcinogens.
- DOES COLOR FADE OR OXIDIZE AS QUICKLY WHEN USING TRIONICS ENZYME-BASED DEVELOPERS VERSUS ORDINARY HYDROGEN PEROXIDE?
No. Due to the lack of cuticle damage, colors will be truer and last longer. In addition, as damaged hair grows out, the look and feel of your clients’ hair just gets better and better.
- WHEN USING TRIONICS DEVELOPERS, HOW LONG SHOULD THE CLIENT REMAIN UNDER A WARM HAIR DRYER?
Please follow the specific instructions on the back of the developer bottle, but generally speaking it is a good idea to check the hair after 10 minutes, and then every few minutes thereafter. If color is not fully developed after twenty minutes, it is not necessary for the client to remain under the dryer. Sufficient heat has been built up. Continued processing time can occur out of the dryer.
- IF A WARM HAIR DRYER DEVELOPS COLOR FAST, WILL A HOT DRYER DEVELOP COLOR EVEN FASTER?
No. Dryer should never be set higher than medium as that is all the heat required to catalyze the enzymes and open up the cuticle.
- DO TRIONICS DEVELOPERS WORK IF I DON’T PLACE PATRONS UNDER A WARM DRYER?
Yes, all the enzyme benefits remain; however, color will process in normal amount of time.
- WHEN IS IT APPROPRIATE TO USE PCC? PRIOR TO EVERY COLOR TREATMENT?
PCC should only be used when there is excessive buildup on the hair. Colorists should also be aware whether a client might have a sensitive scalp. When this is the case, the client should have the PCC treatment at least 24 hours prior to the color treatment.
- WHEN SHOULD I PERM THE HAIR WITH A LOTION FOR NORMAL HAIR AND WHEN WITH A LOTION FOR DYED AND BLEACHED HAIR?
If the client’s hair is in reasonably good condition and health, use a lotion for normal hair. However, if a client’s hair exhibits prior damage, you should use a lotion for dyed or bleached hair. Even if your client’s hair has been tinted or bleached using only Trionics developers, do a test curl just to be safe. Tints or bleaches that are used may contain certain caustics that would still suggest you use a lotion for color treated hair.
- WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF TRIONICS DEVELOPERS?
All Trionics developers are stabilized and will last a minimum of 2 years. While it is not advisable to leave bottles open, they will not deteriorate or go bad if you do.
- WHAT SHOULD I DO IF A CLIENT HAS A SENSITIVE SCALP? EXPERIENCES ITCHING, BURNING OR TINGLING?
Prior to a treatment, add Scalp-Eze to your formula and proceed as usual (one  teaspoon or 4 cc to any standard 4 oz. mixture of color, bleach, perm or liquid relaxer. 1 cc per oz.). If your client experiences discomfort during a treatment, remove her from the dryer and it generally subsides. Other things to check: Is the cap on too tight? Is the dryer set on medium (NOT HOT)? Even if the dryer is set on medium, check the filter to be sure it’s clean. In many cases the filter in the dryer is dirty and therefore air is blowing out hot.
- CAN I USE TRIONICS ENZYME DEVELOPERS WITH OLAPLEX?
Yes! They are compatible and together preserve the integrity of your clients' hair. Click here to learn more.